Therapy for Women
Do you feel a lack of desire or interest in sex? Is sexual intercourse painful? Are you experiencing a life or relationship change that is affecting your sexuality?
It is completely normal and natural to experience changes in your sexuality (even daily!) depending on your mood, hormones, and lifestyle.
We often hear that “43% of women have sexual dysfunction”. The reality is, that 100% of women have sexual and relational concerns. These concerns are absolutely nothing to be ashamed of – they are an integral part of being human.
Dr. Chavez provides a comfortable and safe space for you to ask questions and talk about your sexual concerns without shame and stigma around sex and taking into consideration the specific concerns of women. Therapy explores family and upbringing, culture, religion, and past experiences that shape our values and relationship with sex and pleasure.
Dr. Chavez will debunk those myths and empower you with the proper mindset, behaviors, and techniques to overcome your barriers to sexual health.
A mind-body approach to sexual wellness
Sex is not only physical or mental. I use an integrated approach that incorporates understanding the roles of both mind and body taking into account all of a female needs that are essential for healthy sexuality.
Here are some common sexual concerns of women:
- Low sexual desire
- Orgasm concerns
- Performance anxiety
- Pain during sexual activity
- Vaginismus (an involuntary spasm of the muscles surrounding the vagina, which closes the vagina)
- Vulvodynia (chronic pain around the vulvar area with no known cause)
- Low Sexual Self-Esteem
- Sexual Identity Concerns
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Patterns in relationships that result in negative consequences
- Serial relationships (also called “serial monogamy”)
- Rejection of love and intimacy
- Body image concerns
- Sexual Shame
- Sexual abuse and sexual trauma