Gender, Menopause, and Erogenous Zones Through the Eyes of a Sex Therapist with Dr. Shannon Chavez – On Sex The Podcast
I recently met Natalie and Bob, hosts and creators of Sex The Podcast (www.sexthepodcast.com) and got to talk about my practice, my personal journey with sexuality, and why I am passionate about my work as a sex therapist. Be sure and check it out here!
- New sex trends around gender and sexual identities.
- How life post-menopause can be a woman’s golden sexual era.
- Outercourse and how the ENTIRE body is an erogenous zone.
Quotes From This Episode:
- “Sex isn’t just something you do, a behavior, an activity, it really is who we are.”
- “100% of people will have sexual concerns. All of us, me, you, everyone, will have a sexual concern at some point in their life.”
- “[Menopause] is not a time of endings, it’s a time of new beginnings. This is your Golden Era of sex. This is where you can have sex for pleasure, for play, joy. You can really focus on you.”
- “You can penetrate an armpit if you are curious enough.”